Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems With Contact Detail Tabs / Email Editor / Word Processor: All Not Working!

Problems With Contact Detail Tabs / Email Editor / Word Processor: All Not Working!

I am using a Win7 Pro (with SP1, Build 7601), 64-bit Lenovo laptop, with 4-GB Ram,  to run ACT! Premium 2009 (V11.0), build 11.1.183.0 (with Hotfix 1). My ACT! program is very crippled. At least three (3) features are not configured correctly or not working. There may be other features not working but, I cannot verify this, at present. Please help me solve the 3 major defect issues, as follows:

1). CONTACT DETAIL TABS: 1). ALL contact detail tabs are missing and no info in current forum helps solve situation. 2). The "Layout" tab in left column does NOT list any ability to "Edit" or a reference to a "Layout Designer"; It only lists "Basic Contact Layout" for 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600 resolution. 3). Clicking on Contact "Tools/Design Layout" shows contact fields and ALL 11 Contact Detail Tabs. Clicking on "Edit" and "Tabs" displays the "Edit Tabs" window, with NO "Hidden Tabs" listed and 11 tabs listed in the "Show Tabs In This Order" box. "Saving" the "Edit Tabs" information and going back to main contact window results in a contact window with all the contact data but still NO "Contact Detail Tabs". Are the tabs actually hidden or is my software corrupted? Help!

2). ACT! EMAIL BROKEN: I am NOT able to setup email using “MS Outlook” or “ACT! Mail” as the email editor. Under "Preferences/Email/Email System Setup/Welcome To The Email Setup Wizard", the "Step 2" ONLY lists the "Internet Email” option and there is NO reference to "MS Outlook" or "ACT! Email". Why are "Outlook" and "ACT! Mail" not listed as email editors? Help!

3). CANNOT CONFIGURE “WORD” DOCUMENTS: The ACT! “Tools/Preferences/ Communications Tab” does NOT show any reference, to any MS Word (2007, 2010, Etc.) option to use as the preferred email or document word processor. ONLY the “ACT! Word Processor” is listed, with no other options. Why is the “ACT! Word Processor” the only option and why is “MS Word” not available? Help!

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Problems With Contact Detail Tabs / Email Editor / Word Processor: All Not Working!

ACT! 2009 is not supported on Win 7.

Also not supported is Office 2010...is this the version you have?

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

Re: Problems With Contact Detail Tabs / Email Editor / Word Processor: All Not Working!

Bummer! Thanks for solving my issues with such a simple reply. I will have to backup my database and install a newer version of ACT!, compatible with Windows 7.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Sailorman1x,

Welcome to the ACT! Community!

The issue with the tabs is most likely due to customized monitor DPI settings.  Here is an article with instructions to resolve: KB Article 14495

Greg Martin
Sage