Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems Upgrading APFW 11.0 to 11.1.... (joy)

Copper Contributor

Problems Upgrading APFW 11.0 to 11.1.... (joy)

[ Edited ]

I have all our sales team in the office for a couple of days from tomorrow, and it's an ideal time to upgrade all the users to 11.1. I'm not sure when I'd have all the computer in one place to upgrade after this week.

Anyway, it turned out a few months back that we had the defective 11.0 release which prevented you from updating. That's fine. Ordered 11.1 CD's and had them to hand knowing this meeting was occuring.

So today, I set time aside to proceed with the server upgrade.

I backed up my 11.0 databases, ran ACTDiag to check for consistency and proceeded to uninstall 11.0 using ActUninstaller.

The uninstall completed. I rebooted. And cracked on with the 11.1 install.

We have a custom, named SQL instance, which Act must have found, as we weren't asked for any details during the install. All's well...

Not really, the install completed, but now I am unable to open/restore/restore as/create a database. I am told the ACTADMIN account is locked out when viewing SQL logs, and following the KB article relating to "The Database <database name> could not be access. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available" hasn't helped.

I'm now stuck.

I was hoping to avoid having to setup all the remotes again. Now it's looking like I'm going to have to do a full reinstall!?

I've never been a huge fan of ACT. Act 11 almost won me over. Until now.....

What exactly is the SQL used for, can we use a database from our SQL 2000 Enterprise server?

And are there any other suggestions on things to try!?

Message Edited by Vini on 07-15-2009 10:51 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problems Upgrading APFW 11.0 to 11.1.... (joy)

Please see if the information in KB Article 20124 helps resolve the issue.

In answer to your question about SQL, it is the back-end database that ACT! uses to manage the data. You unfortunately cannot use SQL 2000 with ACT! 2009 as it is designed to work with SQL 2005.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Problems Upgrading APFW 11.0 to 11.1.... (joy)

Why is the data not stored in the SQL database?