Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems Persist With Bottom Pane Window (Web Based)

Copper Contributor

Problems Persist With Bottom Pane Window (Web Based)

There are a slew of problems that still exist with the bottom pane window (right bottom) when click on a contact or company.  For example, I'll click on "Companies" in the left navigation bar, it shows me a list of all my companies and households.  I click on one of the companies, and it either shows the wrong household members in the bottom right pane window or doesn't refresh properly.  Most of the time, it feels like it's one screen behind e.g: you click on one company/household, then click on a different company/household and it will display the members of the 1st one despite the top-right pane showing the data for the 2nd company.

There's clearly some refreshing issues going on and I need this resolved ASAP.  It essentially makes the web platform almost unusable.  I'm using latest version of IE on Windows 10.  

Any ideas/suggestions?

Administrator

Re: Problems Persist With Bottom Pane Window (Web Based)

Hi Jag,

I've tested this with the steps you've described , but I'm not able to replicate this behaviour.
Tested using v18 U6, IE 11 on Windows 7 & 10.

Has anyone else seen this particular behaviour?
Copper Contributor

That's very strange because it's happening in both IE and Chrome. I'll click on the a company, it shows me the contacts fine, I'll click on a 2nd company, it doesn't refresh and still shows the contacts from company 1. I click on a 3rd company, and it now shows me the contacts list for company 2. It seems to be a screen behind in most cases - and that's when it updates. Many times it just doesn't refresh at all.

I feel like this issue is very similar in nature to the one I reported to you earlier on the Contacts screen where the Show Preview column disappears and then it doesn't matter which activity history I click on , nothing gets updated/populated.

Something very strange is going on. Any ideas/suggestions on what I can do to fix/remedy this??!? I've also noticed in Contacts History tab, I have click on a different link and click back to History tab to see my newly entered activity item. I think you may have mentioned this was repeated on your end and you reported it as a defect. But not sure.
Bronze Elite Contributor

If this turns out to be PC specific it is just possible that an anti-virus product on your system is block some scripts from running and therefore not updating correctly. Can you try on different machines?

Copper Contributor

Yeah, I'm wondering if it is PC specific. I've put the URL in the whitelist for my Antivirus software tool - currently using Bit Defender. Not sure what else might be causing this problem. In fact, the past 24 hours it's gotten worse. I see the login scree, try logging in and then either get a blank white screen with nothing showing up or the act screen comes up and as soon as I click on a link somewhere in act, it just says "Waiting for acthosting.net". I have a feeling it might be some sort of scripting issue on my end but not sure how to resolve it. I've tried emptying the Java cache, just installed latest version, cleared the cache/temp files in each of my browsers etc.

I've emailed my host provider to see if they are having any server issues at this time...

Thanks
Copper Contributor

Problem seems resolved after I deleted all browser history, cache, files and rebooted machine.  Not sure if it was just pure luck but seems to be working okay.  However, there's still the ongoing issue where Companies and Groups do not properly list the contacts that belong to each group.  It's always 1 company/group behind.  For example:

- Click On "Companies on side panel", it shows me a list of all my companies.

- click on a different company within the list, it shows the proper details for that company at the top but the bottom pane still shows the contacts from the previous company

- click on a different company again, it shows the contacts from the 2nd company, but again, top pane updates properly

This ongoing issue where the bottom pane does not always refresh properly persists in both IE and Chrome.  I confirmed with host provider they are using the most updated version with Hotfix 6 which I believe was supposed to resolve this issue.

Thanks 

Bronze Elite Contributor

There have been some reports of Hotfix 6 not taking as ACT was not closed down. (Not on screen but still running exe file.) It is worth asking your provider to apply hotfix 6 again after making sure ACT is not running using Taskmgr. 

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, have emailed the team to see if they can reapply the fix after completely shutting down Act.  

Thanks again and I'll report back to see if this resolved the issue.

Copper Contributor

@ch1p and @Gary W,

Okay... I can confirm problem is resolved. However, still experiencing the "1 Behind" bug on both the COMPANIES page where it lists contacts from the previously viewed COMPANY and also the same issue when viewing CONTACTS - HISTORY. When viewing the first contact after logging in, it's fine, but once I go to another contact, the HISTORY tab shows the entries from the previous contact I was looking at. When I go to another contact, it does it again. It's always showing me entries for the previous COMPANY or CONTACT in the bottom pane.

The host provider tested it on his IE 11 and couldn't duplicate the problem. What am I missing here? This issue is a bit puzzling as its happening in both IE11 and Chrome for me.

Thanks
Copper Contributor

After spending the better part of the past 24 hours doing some trouble shooting I have found the culprit to the bottom pane refresh issue. It's Bit Defender. I even tried adding the URL to the Whitelist in Bit Defender but still continued to have the problem.

Then, as part of trial and error, I uninstalled Bit Defender and tried logging in to see if the issue remained. To my surprise, it did not and it's now working properly.

If anyone here is running Bit Defender and knows a way to get around this issue, please let me know - would like to continue using it over Windows Defender.

Thanks