Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems Deleting an Opportunity

Problems Deleting an Opportunity

My company uses Act! Premium (Web) Version: 18.1.108.0 and we're having trouble deleting outdated and/or dummy opportunities.

The process for removing or deleting a sales opportunity seems like it should be fairly intuitive. From the Opportunities screen, I should be able to highlight one or more opportunities and select 'Delete Opportunity' under 'Opportunities' in the top menu bar. Unfortunately, this option is greyed out. I've also tried simply clicking delete after highlighting one or more opportunities, but nothing happens.

Any help from the community would be appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Problems Deleting an Opportunity

Hi there, I would suggest this is down to one of two factors, either an Act! user permission issues or a web browser issue.

You mentioned you are using Act! for web, so you must have the program installed on at least one PC (typically your server). If you open up the installed program and log in as the same user that you normally log in with using the web version, are you able to delete the Opportunities then? If not that would suggest that your user does not have permission to delete the Opportunities in question. I would recommend testing with an Act! user who is an administrator and see if you get the same problem.

The other option I mentioned was regarding web browsers. Which browser are you currently using to access Act! for web? I would recommend trying Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox to see if they all give you the same results.

Hi, Steven --

I am the administrator, so it's not a permission-related issue. I also use IE 11, since ACT doesn't seem to function properly on any other browser.

I attached a screen shot of the Opportunities page. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Sean

Thanks Sean, have you tried this specific task in another browser? I understand that you prefer to use IE 11, I'm just interested to know if the same problem exists in Chrome and Firefox as well.

Yes, I tried deleting opportunities in both Firefox and Chrome and had the same result.

Hi Sean, I've looked into this a bit further for you and tested it myself and I can confirm that it works in the same way for me, you can't delete Opportunities in the List View.

If you go into the Detail view (so click Detail view in the top right corner) you can then use the Opportunities menu to delete the Opportunity you are currently looking at. This does mean you have to delete one Opportunity at a time I'm afraid.

Administrator

This has been logged as Defect D-05358.
I'll post more information as I receive it.

Deleting opportunities one-by-one seems pretty tedious, especially since we have a large pipeline and delete all closed/completed opportunities on 1/1 of every year. Any guidance/assistance to delete multiple opportunities at once is much appreciated. Thanks.

Administrator

If you have access to a machine with a local Act! installation, then you can select multiple Opportunities and delete them using this. Only the web interface has this limitation.