Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems Adding Activity Type

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Problems Adding Activity Type

You mentioned that a File>Save Copy As did not work, will it work in the demo database or a brand new database (File>New)?

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic

Using the client on the server where the shared db is located, I can not add Activity Type to the Demo Database. 

Also, creating new on same client I get the following error:

New db can not be opened because it is 661.  This server supports version 612 and earlier.  A downgrade path is not supported.  Could not open new db.  CREATE DATABASE is ABORTED.

Hmm.. the server is showing that both SQL Server 2005 and 2007 are installed.  Seems like a SQL Server version confilct.  Any ideas how to resolve??

Copper Elite Contributor

So this is something specific to the machine then.

You could start by doing a clean un/re install of both ACT! and SQL.  I suspect that will fix this issue.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
Copper Contributor

I'm having exactly the same problem.

I can add new activity types to the demo database, but not the one I actually use.

Ive used ACTDIAG to repair etc all the aspects of the database with no effect...

Incidentally I can't also create a new database either, as above!

Any ideas anyone?

Roland Horwood
Frame Design
TJ Crump Oakwrights Ltd
www.oakwrights.co.uk

Based on the feedback here and my investigations, I found 2 different versions of SQL server (2005 & 2007), on the sever where the shared db is hosted.   My next steps would be to uninstall ACT and all versions SQL server, then do a fresh install of ACT.  I have not had the time to do this yet..  so I can not tell you if this actually would fix the probem.

Bronze Super Contributor

I'm getting the same issue for one of my clients.

Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 4, 20 users.

Both their production database and the Act Demo database are unable to create a new activity type.

No error message is displayed.

Perplexing.

Anyone have any thoughts on what might resolve this? other than those already mentioned in this thread?