Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problems Adding Activity Type

Problems Adding Activity Type

Logged in as "Administrator" user, selected the menu sequence Schedule, Manage, Activity Type. 

Added a new activity type seemingly without error. However no new Activity Type shows up in the list or selectable within the application..  

Used this same sequence in the demo database and it worked fine.  Do I have to lock out all users before I can add successfully?  Any other ideas to why this would not be working?

Re: Problems Adding Activity Type

Tried adding the Activity Type after locking the db.  Still unsuccessful.  This seems like a very simple thing to do however still unable.  Very frustrating!  Anybody have any ideas?? 

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Sstover,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Since you mention that it does work in the Demo database, indicating the problem lies within the main database, have you tried running maintenance:  Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.

Here is an article with addtional steps that can be run through the Actdiag utility: KB Article 19642

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for the reply Greg.  I have used ACTDIAG, performed repair, reindex and used all rebuild options available in the utility.  Still have the same problem, can not add a new Activity Type.

More installation information includes: shared Act db located on Windows Server 2003, Act Version Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.

Any more ideas?

Nickel Contributor

When you created Activity Types, Did you check box " Active- Allow new activities of this type" ?

If that box is not checked, you won't  be able to schedule activity of that type.

Thanks,

Tushar Vyas

Tushar Vyas
ACT! Database Services

Tushar, Thanks for the suggestion. My problem is that I can not create a new "Activity Type".  Interestingly enough I was able to create a new Activity Series.  This is not something I need, but seems odd that I can create this but not the new "Activity Type"

Platinum Super Contributor

Have you tried using a different ACT! user?

If you create an Empty copy of the database (File > Save Copy As > Empty copy), can you create an Activity Type in the empty copy?

Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Contributor

Are you getting any error when you create Activity type ?

I would like to get screen shot of that window when you're creating Activity type to capture and upload it here.

Thanks,

Tushar Vyas

Tushar Vyas
ACT! Database Services

I logged in as a different user, same results, unable to add Activity Type. I also performed the File Save As, Empty Copy. Opened the new db and still have the same problem.

Was looking for a log file that may give me a hint to the error that is occuring.. but found nothing.

Wondering if it could be possible to go thru SQL server on the back end and insert the new ActiviyType in the table that way. The problem there is I do not know a user login that has SQL server write / insert capabilities.

Tushar I am not getting any error messages at all. I also don't know how to insert the screen shot into the discussion board that would show you the Create Activity Type screen .