Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with pop-up window in ACT

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Problem with pop-up window in ACT

• Hi - I have a problem where within ACT when I go to groups/companies and click on add/remove groups, the popup for this is BEHIND the main application, and I cant seem to get it to the front. Everything is frozen until I close out of ACT completely. Does anyone have a solution to bring to box in front of the main ACT appication? Very strange problem. We have multiple users in the office, and it only seems to be affecting this one user (the owner of the company, of course) - Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Problem with pop-up window in ACT

This is generally due to the pop-up window displaying out of the monitor's viewing area - can occur when a second monitor is removed.  Here is an article with instructions to resolve: KB Article 27869

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

This is generally due to the pop-up window displaying out of the monitor's viewing area - can occur when a second monitor is removed.  Here is an article with instructions to resolve: KB Article 27869

Greg Martin
Sage

That did it - thanks so much!

Copper Contributor

Is there a new link to the solution (old link is broken), we are now seeing this at our site.

Thanks,

Aaron

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Aaron,

here is a new link to the article:  http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27869

If you ever encounter an issue like this in future, you can look up the article number on kb.swiftpage.com (in this case it was 27869).

The old link does not work as it is a Sage Act! KB link, whereas all the articles have now moved to the swiftpage KB.

Cheers,

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Copper Contributor

Jared,

Thank you for the link and heads up on searching for future KB articles. Unfortunately this solution did not do the trick.

When I clock on the 'Add/Remove Groups' button the focus of the main ACT window goes away and I am confident that the groups pop up window is somewhere, just not visible.

Using the Alt+Space works when the whole ACT application is off screen, but in this case it does nothing for the pop up window. It merely applies to the main ACT program itself, not the Groups pop up window.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

Copper Elite Contributor

Ah,  In that case something else you could try would be SheepDog

It is a little utility you can install that will reposition off-screen windows onto your main display again.

This may do the trick as some windows will rember their positions on a screen that isn't connected anymore, and return there.

A colleague of mine uses this utility, and recommends it highly.

I appreciate it is not a fix, but it might be the work around you need.

Cheers,

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Copper Contributor

Thanks for referring SheepDog. It wouldn't install on Windows 7 64-bit, but I did figure out the issue. I remote dektop into my work PC from my Mac at home which has two displays. For whatever reason left screen at work is the right screen on my Mac's RDP session. Moving Act to the other display on the Mac moved the hidden pop up window back to where I can access it.

All the best,

AAron