02-02-2012 05:02 AM
I have Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 22.214.171.124, Hot Fix 3 (English-Europe version). The OS on my laptop is MS Win 7 SP1 in Dutch. In combination with MS Excel 2007 SP1 Dutch (32 bits) there was no problem with the option of exporting fields from opportunie list view layout into Excel, including several date fields. After the export, Excel 2007 opens and the date field does have the type of date field and are recognised as date fields.
But after upgrading to Excel 2010 these date fields are no longer exported as date fields but are text-fields.
First I thought it was a problem with the date format: the PC does have the format DD-MM-JJJJ, but ACT! does display DD/MM/JJJJ. Excel 2007 displays after import the format DD-MM-JJJJ in date format, so Excel 2007 can handle with this different notion. But it look like that Excel 2010 can't handle with it because the result after importing is MM/DD/JJJJ in text format. I tried als to rename the preference folder to preference.old to repair the ACT! preferences, because thedate field notation of my Windows and ACT! are different, but this does not solve it.
10-17-2012 03:00 PM
I've just encountered the same exact problem that you described. Exporting my contacts to Excel 2010 results an Edit Date column that is treated as text when I attempt to Autofilter. In Excel 2007, that column is treated as a date, so I can Autofilter that column using Excel's Date filters (so I can choose criteria such as "after 1/1/2009" or "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc.)
Have you come up with a solution to this problem?
10-17-2012 11:43 PM
No. I only noticed after my post that when I make an export on my laptop connected to the Remote database I have this problem, when I use the main database on our server the problem isn't there. So I think your date/time prefferences of the local PC might influence the correct date format after exporting to Excel 2010. It is still weird that this with Excel 2007 gave no abnormality.
10-18-2012 06:29 AM
04-02-2013 02:45 PM - edited 04-02-2013 02:54 PM
Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? We've just upgraded to Office 2010 on a few PC and have this exact same issue.
04-03-2013 07:00 AM - edited 04-03-2013 07:08 AM
This issue is has to do with the way Excel 2010 and 2013 handle dates. Excel will handle an imported date as text if it has a 2-digit year, which ACT! does - so the dates from ACT! come in as text. Here is an easy way to make them date fields:
- Highlight all the dates in the imported date column (don't select the column - click the first cell and select down)
- A yellow warning diamond will appear to the left of the first date in the column
- Hover your mouse over this warning symbol, then click the down arrow
- Select "Convert XX to 20XX" - this will change all selected dates to date format
Note: If you have dates whose year is 1999 or earlier, you should separate them and instead select "Convert XX to 19XX" from the warning symbol menu.
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.