Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with creating a new Contact...what I doing wrong...

Copper Contributor

Problem with creating a new Contact...what I doing wrong...

When trying to create a new contact, I follow this process

Lookup All Contact>Contacts>New Contact>on the blank contact page, hit Note button, Open Note box appears but then instead of staying on the blank contact, the contact info for the First Contact appears.  The First Contact can change based on the last sort I'd created for All Contacts.  I then have to run a query of All Contacts with No Data and then go through the process of entering data.

This problem has been going for some time.  I wonder if it is a setting issue I've modified.  Any help is appreciated.  Just a nagging issue.

Fritz

Act! Premium Version 20.0.159.0, Update 3

Administrator

Re: Problem with creating a new Contact...what I doing wrong...

It's likely because the contact hasn't been saved yet - I'd recommend hitting the save icon after creating the contact but before trying to create the note!
Copper Contributor

Will try that process.  Also, I forgot to mention that this is not an all of the time event.  usually after restarting ACT, the issue does not appear. It seems to occur after the program has been running for a few hours.

Nickel Elite Contributor

If you are creating a New contact, then enter the contact name and click save before doing other stuff like going into the notes, etc..  Smiley Happy 

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Copper Contributor

Got it, thanks.  It has not yet happened with V20.  Will update here if I notice the same issue on V20