Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with Timeless Activities with ACT! 15.1

Nickel Contributor

Problem with Timeless Activities with ACT! 15.1

When I open ACT! and create a “Timeless” Meeting and then try to change the duration of this meeting to less than 45-minutes, I cannot.

When I change the activity type, and try again, it still does not work. 

As I normally tell my customers, I ran maintenance on the database, closed ACT! and restarted it, but to no avail. When I go to any of those timeless activities I created, and try to change the duration to less than 45-minutes, it still fails.

And it's not just meetings. If I create a Call it will default to the 10-minutes I’ve got it set at, but not allow me to save a different duration after I’ve made it Timeless.

And yes, I’ve managed to reproduce all of this with my database AND the demo database, as well.

I have only seen this since upgrading to 15.1.

I've already emailed Ben and Brian info on this, but would love to hear if anyone else that has upgraded to 15.1 (ACT! 2013 SP1) has experienced the same thing.

Kq\

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with Timeless Activities with ACT! 15.1

Just tested ... nothing to do with 45mins or the activity type

You can't change the duration once you've selected "timeless" - if you set the duration first, it seems to work

I have tested and confirmed this issue and will submit it to development for investigation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. In the meantime, you can use the workaround that Mike mentioned.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Super Contributor

Actually, the problem is more than already described.

Create an activity (default is timeless) for a future date, as soon as you tab out of the date field, the date reverts to today's date.

This is new/undesirable behavior...

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT