Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with OLE DB in Excel - Keeps Crashing

Problem with OLE DB in Excel - Keeps Crashing

I am tring to create an OLE DB connection but each time I try to open it my EXCEL crashes

I noticed in another thread on here someone else had the same problem but the last message on the post told him to go to his private messages so I have no idea how this problem was fixed.

I would appreciate any help on this matter as it is quite frustrating.

Thanks

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with OLE DB in Excel - Keeps Crashing

Under the Dependencies folder of your original source media, you should find 2 .MSI files.  One called extensibilityMSM.msi, the other called  "lockbackRegKey.msi".  Please install both of these files.  Then run Microsoft Update to make sure you have all required updates for Windows and Office.  Let'so see if this resolves the issue you have encountered and post back.

thanks,

-Matt 

Matthew McFadden

Re: Problem with OLE DB in Excel - Keeps Crashing

Thank you for your help. I have found both the files you mentioned and installed them. I also updated my computer. Excel is still crashing when I try to connect to the database. It would be appreciated if you had any other ideas as to how I can fix this problem. I am using the following version ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1 and My Excel is 2003. The database itself is on a server which is where the files you mentioned were located. in the files on my local computer I noticed there is a file called extensibility.dll but there is no file with anything to do with lockbackregkey - not sure if this makes any difference.

Look forward to any assistance you may be able to offer.

Thanks

Kerrie