Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with Incorrect Record managers

Problem with Incorrect Record managers

Hello all,

My company has a server with 4 licenses for ACT! 2010.  One on the server is "host", and the other three are used by individuals of the sales team.  We are each Admins and have our own login name and password.  When we add our own comments and activities to a contact's history, it shows our name under the record managar section.  However, when we are in our respective Outlooks and use the quick attach feature, it adds the email to the history under the record manager "host" and not our name.  Is there any way to fix this?  Ideally, I would like a message that has been added by the quick attach feature to be added to the contacts history under the user who attached it.

-Shane

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with Incorrect Record managers

Hello Shane,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. It sounds like when the individual users added the ACT! address books to their Outlook, they used the "host" login information. They will need to edit the address book in their Outlook and change the database login to their own database login.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Problem with Incorrect Record managers

Thank you for the timely response!  It is very much appreciated.

You are correct the address book was in the "host" name.  I have edited the login info and assume this will fix our problems.  If it does not, I wll post another response in this thread.  Again, thank you for the timely, and accurate, help.

-Shane