Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with Excel generating Quotes- Cannot open the file tmp*xlsx because...

Problem with Excel generating Quotes- Cannot open the file tmp*xlsx because...

Hello,

I have a new laptop running Windows 7 HP, Office 2007, and Act! Premium 2010 and I cannot generate a sales quote.  Each time I click the Create Quote button I get the Create Quote dialog box which reads "Adding Quote to document".  The process never finishes and I get a message from Excel that pops up with:

"Excel cannot open the file 'tmp******.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid.  Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file." 

After pressing OK I get the following message box from Act!:

"The program used to create this object is Excel.   That program is not installed on your computer.  To edit this object you must install a program that can open this object"

My quote form in Word will then open but the excel table with items and pricing is missing.  My Task manager also opens in the background.  

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Any advice?  

Thanks a bunch!

klxrider

Copper Contributor

Re: Problem with Excel generating Quotes- Cannot open the file tmp*xlsx because...

Maybe the excel part of the template is damaged?

You could go into the demo database and find the files 'Quote.XLT' and 'Quote.ADT'  and replace yours as a test (obviously make a backup copy of yours first).

Also, turn of User Account Control in Windows 7  this might help.

Re: Problem with Excel generating Quotes- Cannot open the file tmp*xlsx because...

I often use with excel files. But I opened my MS Excel program every day for work. But yesterday something happened with my tool and I didn't find my emails inside. Luckily for me my friend advised me - excel cannot open file. It determined my problem quite simply and free of cost as I bore in mind.