Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with E-Marketing Birthday Greeting Template

Copper Contributor

Problem with E-Marketing Birthday Greeting Template

I am having a problem with the E-Marketing Birthday Greeting Template.

When I click on the template I get the following message:

"The Smart Task Template you selected can not be viewed because the template definition is no longer valid. For more information contact your administrator."

The edit button is grayed out so I can not make any changes to the definition.  I reinstalled ACT! 2011 Premium three times

on Sunday so if there was a problem with the template reinstalling should had fixed it.

I do have an activated Swiftpage Account so this should not be the problem.

I have never used this template there for have never changed any of the definitions.  I would like to set it up to start using it

in January.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

==============

Sheila

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Problem with E-Marketing Birthday Greeting Template

Are you able to access the Edit button for any of the Smart Tasks?

The next step is to determine/verify that this issue is isolated to your database and not an issue with the installation of the ACT! program.  To do this > open the ACT! demo database and test editing the Birthday Greeting Smart Task. 

If that is successful, there is a problem with the Smart Task within your database and you will need to create a new one.  Before exiting the Demo database, note the criteria of the Smart Task so you will know what to enter in the new task in your database. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thank you Greg for replying to my message.

I used your method yesterday to fix my problem. Not sure why the original Template "Edit" button would not work

but the problem is fixed now.

In recreating the Template I now have some questions:

Why is it when you create a Task and set the Trigger to "Manual run only" you can not use the Edit button to change this setting, but have to recreate a whole new Task?

Why is it when you use the Duplicate Button on a Template you can not change the Record Type or the Trigger?

If you can not change these two elements there really is not need for a Duplicate Button.

===============

Sheila

Platinum Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad to hear you were able to determine the steps to recreate the Task without having to wait for a response -  Way to go!

Unfortunately, those are restrictions within the program.  I would recommend that you post these as feature requests within the Share Your Ideas board.  Once submitted, other members can comment and vote (kudos) on the feature.

Greg Martin
Sage