Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with Act advanced lookup searching

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Problem with Act advanced lookup searching

We are experiencing a problem with the advanced keyword searching.

This is under Lookup -> Advanced -> Search on Keywords

We use this to find keywords in histories.  When searching for keywords that we are 100% sure are in the database, sometimes we get the error message: No records were found that match the keyword search criteria.

It will take about 120 seconds to search through years of histories, and then come back with nothing, even though, if you go to the record manually, the history is there with the text that you searched for.

I just used 'Windows updates' as an example, but this can be anything like a serial number, etc.  Any text in history.

Any ideas?

act error.png

- Version of Act! you are using:

On Windows 10 workstations:  Act Premium 21.1.187.0 , Update 4

On Windows 2016 Server:  Act Premium Web 21.1.187.0 , Update 4

- If the issue involves Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word , Excel), state the version of Office you are using

Office 2013&2016

- Is your database on your local machine (private database) or is it being shared from a server (shared database)?

Shared from a server.

- Operating system you have Act! installed on (i.e., Windows 7, Windows 8)

Windows 10 on the workstations.  Windows Server 2016 on the Act server.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Problem with Act advanced lookup searching

Hi @Bfoster ,  Have you tried running database maintenance from within ACT?  Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair

If that doesn't work, you may want to try running the actdiag.exe utility.  There are several useful tools in there including 'Refresh Search Indexes'.

Be sure to back up before running actdiag!

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Re: Problem with Act advanced lookup searching

Thanks, we have scheduled maintenance that runs every Friday night, but I have not looked at actdiag, so I'll look at that.