Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem running hotfix on server

Problem running hotfix on server

Hi

Having bit of an issue, I went to go do a backup of the database on the server but when trying to login it wont let me connect to the database as its been upgraded when we ran a hotfix.

Running Act 2009 all client machines have had Hotfix 1 applied and working great, that was done ages ago, but when I try to run the hotfix on the server it comes up with a network connection error and its trying to connect to an old server location.

As we have had a new server and the name of it is now S01 instead of SERVER, which the old server was called.

How can I get the hotfix to run and know the new location?

Hope this makes sence.

Cheers

John Eva

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Problem running hotfix on server

the hotfix itself will install on any machine.  It doesn't matter where the database is.  I am not entirely sure what your question really is here.

Are you saying that when you run the hotfix (ACT! and all other programs are closed) that it won't run?  Or, are you saying that after you install the hotfix, you are attempting to open up a database that is no longer available due to the new server?

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic

Re: Problem running hotfix on server

The hotfix wont run on the server, comes up saying it has some network connection error as its trying to contact the old server for some reason.

I have spoke to Sage support now though and they have said to not bother running the hotfix if we are planning on upgrading to 2012 anyway. Just take a back of the database from a client machine, which I have managed to do now, I was having permissions error before but sorted that problem.