Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem attaching emails from Outlook 2003 to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0

Problem attaching emails from Outlook 2003 to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0

I've been using ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0 for quite a while now, but recently upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 for my email program.  I changed ACT preferences for email system to reflect the change to Outlook from Express, but I'm unable to attach any message information to the contact records.

I'm no "techie", but I think that I have selected the appropriate options in the set up so that the program should record the subject in contact history on the person I'm sending the message to.  Only one user in ACT (me), so I'm not tracking the history on my contact info (I checked the corresponding box in email set up for this).

Also, this may be a dumb question, but on previous versions of ACT friends have told me that they didn't open Outlook, rather had complete access to their inbox via the ACT interface.  Is this no longer true with my version?  No matter if I select the email icon on the navigation bar or on the contact detail toolbar, ACT takes me to "create new email message".

I have several databases that I use within ACT (aware that I can only attach 3 ACT address databases to Outlook address books).  I would like to have email tracking to history.

Please help!

Re: Problem attaching emails from Outlook 2003 to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0

You need to select ACT! E-mail as the editor.  Go back through the email system setup (Tools > Preferences > E-mail) and change the editor on step 4 of 7.