Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem adding a document...

Astute Commentator

Problem adding a document...

Hi folks, new user here...  I've been able to get most everything configured as I like it with my version of ACT! Premium 2008 Version 10.0.1.199 up until today.  I decided to start linking documents to my contacts but everytime I try to do this I get the message "Failed to attach the file to the datastore" and it won't add anything.

I've tried it with multiple file types/extensions with the same result.  I've tried sharing the folder where the file was stored, nothing.  I tried drag & drop, right clicking, and using the "add document" button all with the same result.  I dug through the forum archives and found only one reported incident like this:

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&message.id=946

and it went unresolved blaming the other software as the problem.

Since I'm only trying to add files that are already created I can't see how that would even apply to my situation.  I've scoured the internet, this community and the help sections on Sage's website and have found nothing but the ways to add files (which apparently isn't my problem).  I've spent hours which should be spent getting my business up and running (I'm just starting my own business) on solving this one silly little issue to no avail.

I am here at your mercy for help! Smiley Surprised

Please help me figure out where my problem is, this is driving me nuts and taking away from more important things!  Since I'm new I apologize if I haven't provided all the necessary information, please let me know and I'm happy to provide whatever else might be necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Problem adding a document...

It sounds like a damaged database try this article

http://tinyurl.com/3jb3qu

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Astute Commentator

Re: Problem adding a document...

I can't understand how you got that search result from the online knowledgebase, I did that exact search and got NOTHING like that as a result...  Makes me feel kinda stupid. Smiley Sad

Anyways, while the problem database wasn't the issue your link did help me realize the problem.  I had changed the "sharing" priveledges for my DB stuff to "read only" because it's all local to my machine and I didn't see the reason to fully share this on my house network (full shared folders are an easy exploit if someone can manage to get through your firewall).  Anyways, with sharing set to read only the entire database worked fine but generated this error when I tried to add docs.

So thanks for the link to job my memory. Smiley Wink

Have a great weekend!