Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem Writing document from template in ACT 2010

Problem Writing document from template in ACT 2010

We've just installed ACT 2010 on a new PC, which is Windows 7 running Office 2010. I cannot write to all of our old documents in our templates folder from this PC, in the 'Open' window I can only see the TPL files, no ADT files

If I browse to the templates folder, and try to open the ADF files with ACT, I keep getting a msg box saying "Microsoft Word needs to be installed". 

In the Preferences window, I get no option to select MS Word, only the ACT Word Processor

The rest of the PCs connected to the database which have created these ADF files, are Windows XP3 running Office 2007

Any ideas anyone???

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Problem Writing document from template in ACT 2010

The issue is that ACT! 2010 and Office 2010 are not compatible versions.  ACT! 2011 was the first version to be compatible with Office 2010.  We have a work-around to integrate ACT! 2010 with Outlook 2010, but it will not provide the interface with Word or Excel.  For information see this article: KB Article 26713

There is an add-on that will provide the full integration (including Word and Excel) developed by DesignR1.  Here is a link to their web page for more information: Office 2010 Add-on

Greg Martin
Sage

Ideal...

Downloaded trial and seems to work fine, will purchase after tried it a few more days.

Thanks, Greg

The trial seems to work well with Word, but is grinding my Outlook to a halt, has anyone else used this addin??

When opening Outlook I keep getting window saying that ACT Address Book Service is not properly configured, or the database is locked. Then given the option to configure it,which brings up the settings, all correct as far as I can see. Even if I set the E-mail Preferences to NONE within ACT, I still get the message when opening Outlook, which takes about 5 min...

How do I get rid of this Address Book within outlook?

Anyone else using this addin that can advise? Can this be sorted?

thanks