Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing double sided

Tuned Listener

Printing double sided

Hi - I print my brochures and information packs to customers double sided. When working in Word normally the printer (HP Laserjet2600N) prints single sided as default. If I try to print from Word through Act. after printing a double sided document - eg. letter to a contact then the printer then defaults to double sided. In the Act Printer preferences it shows as single sided. This goes for printing envelopes as well.

To get back to single sided I have to go separately into word and reset the printer by printing a single sided document before Act will revert to single sided.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Printing double sided

Copper Contributor

You can select double sided in printer properties when the print dialog comes up

In my experience it is not possible to print double side with Act, even in 10.0.1
Tuned Listener

If the last Word document printed directly was double sided then the subsequent documents printed via the Word/Act dialogue will be double sided. Changing the printer properties has no effect. This is a bug. The only way to get Act to print single or double-sided is to first print a document directly from Word with the properties set approriately.

I don't have a printer capable of dbl-sided printing, so I can't test this... but I recall this was an issue even in the Symantec versions of ACT!

Have you tried opening a template and setting the properties and see if it sticks to the template?

It would be good if you and others with this issue posted a suggestion here - http://www.act.com/community/feature/index.cfm
Tuned Listener

My point is exactly that - when printing directly from Word I can set my printer to print single or double sided and it works fine. When printing through the Act print dialogue this has no effect at all. It will print according to how the previous document printed as set in Word.
Tuned Listener

Hi Mike this is not a feature it is a bug.

Have you tried opening a template, changing the setting, printing it to be sure and then saving it?

It would make sense if the templates didn't set this as they can't know what you're printing to.

No idea if it'll work, but a bit of a hail-mary thought.

I don't think there is a specific spot to post bugs, and it's a chage in a feature... so that's the best place I can think of
Tuned Listener

It does not matter how the template is set - Act just inherits the previous Word setting.

I would post it to the Feature Request page I posted... if enough users do the same, it will get worked on.

Or if a Moderator sees this here, they might log it as a known bug and get a Knowledge Base article created so others don't waste time on it.