Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Opportunity Notes

Printing Opportunity Notes

I am trying to print a report that includes all the notes relating to a particular opportunity but cannot seem to find any field relating to opp notes in the report template screens. Does anyone have a clue how to do this?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Printing Opportunity Notes

I am sorry to say that since ACT V2010 it is not possible to report on Opportunities with attached notes, histories Etc despite constant request for this to be enabled. (It is to do with a change in design of the table structure for 2010 and the current ACT reporting engine not being able to pick up the linked items.)

You can get all notes etc including opportunities using the Contact report but if you have multiple opportunities for a contact this does not help.

There are 3rd part add-ons that do allow for what you are asking for, example of one linked below but there are others.

http://www.actaddons.com/addons/report_designer.asp

Thanks for this. We have been using Act for years and years and always seem to be disappointed with the lack of progress on some of these issues that you would think are integral to the proper running of a CRM. 

I will have a look at the Add-On you suggest.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Check out the Durkin Computing Impact Reports.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

Roy is correct and Jim Durkin product is highly recommenced.

Link here

http://www.contactlistplus.com/Video_Act_Report.aspx

Highlighted

Thanks for the advice guys but I'm afraid I am bailing out.

We have been using Act quietly in the background for 15 years with various degrees of frustration.

We have recently expanded the sales side of the organisation with the CRM taking a much more prominent role in our systems and this is woefully inadequate as a serious, reliable CRM.  Migrating to Microsoft CRM on Tuesday.

Hi, I too are having difficulties in finding a report to print opportunities histories, notes etc.  I too had been given a link to Durkin Computing AddOn yet having emailed them, no reply.  I don't have time to sit and try and write a report, all I want is something quick and easy to show all my notes and histories on my opportunity list.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Opportunity notes and history can't be shown on the opportunity list. Nor can the ACT! reports produce a report that shown the opportunity notes and history. To show the opportunity notes and history in a listing format you would need to use a third party report editor like the Durkin reports. That report editor comes with access to a library of predefined reports that may include one that will work for you without modification.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129