Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Envelopes

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Printing Envelopes

When I complete a mail merge based on a group through the wizard, everything works as it should. Until I select the option to print the envelopes (which is on the create history dialog box) here are the steps I take once the 

• Select option to print envelops
  • Select envelop size
  • Select "Current lookup" 

Now the envelops seems to print for "All Contacts", even though I selected "Current Lookup". I'm not sure why it's printing envelopes for all the contact. Could you advise of a solution. Also is there not a way to print envelopes based on just a group? Or do I have to create a lookup with the same criteria as the group and then print the envelopes via File/Print envelopes    

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author OC Moka
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Printing Envelopes

Thanks I will try it our this weekend and let you if it works.

Thanks Again

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Interesting and I can imagine frustrating. The mail merge and the envelope printing are two separate functions. The mail merge to a group creates a temporary lookup of the group contactsfor purposes of the mail merge. However that temporary lookup isn't available to the ACT! reports that does the envelope printing. I suppose that it might be possible to give the report editor access to the temporary group and you could make a feature request for that. For now the best workaround is instead of doing the mail merge to the group itself, right click on the group name and select create lookup and then do the mail merge to the contact lookup which will also work for the envelope printing.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author OC Moka
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thanks I will try it our this weekend and let you if it works.

Thanks Again
Copper Contributor

Thanks Roy_Laude… it worked just as you said.

Sorry for the late reply