Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Envelopes

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Printing Envelopes

Airlite... Roy is THE best source of info on the ACT! Report Writer bar none. If he says he can get it to work, it will.

Dyashin... you might go via Roy's site or email and contracting him to fix the report for you. The investment would be a lot less that messing around with the XML  if you don't have the experience. He should be able to do it remotely for you quite quickly.

Hi Thank you so much for this I had not thought to use Word as an alternative for this.  It may make sense.  It just requires extra steps that I was trying to avoid with ACT. 

Thanks again for the advice it really helps

Copper Contributor

My question is about envelope designer. In the old ACT, "Format" used to have a box that said: Close space so, spaces between city, state and zip used to be managable. I tried many things but I can't get it done in the new ACT. Any help?

See if the information in this Knowledgebase article helps:

How To Remove Blank Space from Fields on ACT! Labels, Envelopes and Reports

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Sorry, I haven't look at this site for a while. I just noted your answer. Thank you. Yes, the referred article answers my question. With a lit bit of tinkering, I have been able to print them correctly. Thanks.
Copper Super Contributor

For some odd reason, "Page Setup" is partially disabled in the Report Designer under the "File" drop down menu.

However, if you navigate instead to the"Print Preview" from the "File" drop down menu, then choose"Page Setup" from from within the top toolbar of the print preview, it seems that somehow the page setup fully enabled. Act then asks if you want to reflow the document with the new page settings.

Hope this makes things a little more simple.

Michael Kadlec
Act! Certified Consultant
Corelogix Corporation
Highlighted

The page setup is disabled for the ENV report extension.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129