Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing Calendar

Printing Calendar

We recently upgraded from version 6 to 10 (2008, premium)...

regarding printing a calendar in Month format:

Simply put, the boxes aren't large enough to fit all of the activities for a given day (if more than 2)
The older version was capable of many more than 2 activities per day due to:
A: Smaller font
B: Larger "Day Boxes"

Why can't the "New & Improved" layout in the "New & Improved" version of ACT be modified?
It seems all other layouts can be modified with a few simple clicks.

Am I missing something?

Please advise how to either make this change with the current program, or what steps would be necessary to suggest this change be incorporated into the next available patch/release.

Re: Printing Calendar

PS..  I'm fine with not being able to change the calendar layout myself, if the program were statically modified in such a way that the data fit the way it used to.

(bigger boxes, smaller font)
Platinum Elite Contributor

Not sure if it will help, but have you tried the different Page Types after going File | Print from the Monthly Calander?

Also try adjusting the Font size in - Tools | Preferences | Colours and Fonts

I totally agree with everything that you say here.

It is hard to believe that the new and improved version of the software provides a hardcopy monthly calendar view that doesn't allow enough space to see who you have your appointment with or what the appointment is about.

Platinum Elite Contributor

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.
Bronze Super Contributor

You can also check out add-ons for ACT! that enhance the calendar features including it's print functions:

We have developed an add-on that has two different methods of printing the calendar:

1. Word-wrap (default) This features actually pushes the calendar information to a formatted excel spreadsheet allowing you to print or save the calendar output.  Using this method you will never cut-off any appointment details because it will wrap to the next line.

2. Graphical ( optional) This feature gives you a WYSIWYG functionality. It prints the calendar in a graphical format.

http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsCalendarViewPlus.aspx

-- jim durkin