Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Print Reports to PDF Error

Copper Contributor

Print Reports to PDF Error

When printing a report to PDF in act! Premium v18.0.501.0 hot fix 1, the "Print Progress... Saving Page x" will stall (no error message displayed) and disable use of act! if the previously generated PDF report window is still open (not closed). To continue, click "Print Progress.... Cancel" then close previously generated PDF window and run report again.

An Act! user since ACT! for DOS 1.0 (1988)
Administrator

Re: Print Reports to PDF Error

[ Edited ]

Hi ptrombetta,

We need a bit more info here. What version of Windows are you using?

I'm unable to replicate this issue on Windows 10 with v18 Hot Fix 2, by clicking Run Report > Setting "Send the report output to:" PDF File > Ok > Saving
The full report saves successfully.

What do you mean by "if the previously generated PDF report window is still open (not closed)" What program is the report open in?

Copper Contributor

Gary: I'm using Windows 7 Pro Service Pack 1. What's meant by "if previously generated PDF report window is still open...?" After running a report in act!, "Send the report output to:" PDF File, Acrobat (I'm using Acrobat X Pro v10.1.16) will usually automatically launch a window showing the act! report, leave this Acrobat PDF window open, now generate the same report in act! - this is when act! stalls while saving the same PDF report.

Administrator

Ah, so when you run the same report again, do you keep the same filename and location, then select yes on the confirm replace dialog?

If this is the case, then it's likely to be causing an error due to the file being open and therefore cannot be replaced.

This error could be handled better with a message, I'll let the product team know.

The workaround would be, making sure the file is not open anywhere when attempting to replace it.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's correct, as originally noted, if the previously generated PDF report window is still open (not closed). The filename and location are the same.