Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Print Previw Disabled

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Print Previw Disabled

Hello Act! Experts ...

I have just started using Print > Labels and the Preview is disabled (e.g., Enable Preview is greyed out).  I have found no other setting nor have I found anything about this in the Act! Community.  I would like to see the preview before printing.

Your help will be appreciated!  Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neil_Act
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Print Previw Disabled

That's correct, it's working as designed. that preview has only been for Address Book and Calendar since ACT! 3. The Address book and Calendar printouts are created seperate from the report editor which is used for the reports, labels and envelopes.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

Hi Neil,

Just click the Print button in the Labels Area and ten ou will be able to preview the labels by using the "Send the report output to" and use the "Preview" option then Click OK. You will then get the lis of address labels.

Copper Contributor

Thank you for your information.  While that does work, it requires several extra steps when there is already a giant box with the title "Preview" that does nothing.  Why have a dialogue box built with the 'intent' to preview but then make a user force a preview through the actual print function?  Doesn't make sense.

Interestingly, the "Enable Preview" box is not greyed out for the Address Book and Calendar printout types but is greyed out for Reports, Labels, and Envelopes.

Thoughts?

I appeciate your input.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Neil_Act
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

That's correct, it's working as designed. that preview has only been for Address Book and Calendar since ACT! 3. The Address book and Calendar printouts are created seperate from the report editor which is used for the reports, labels and envelopes.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thank you for clarifying. Not to be critical, but this is another example when ACT! fails to communicate to its users well. I have spent lots of time trying to figure out settings for this problem and then taking up your time in the Act! Community when having an info balloon (or similar) over this disabled feature would have been all it would take.

I do appreciate this community more and more for these types of quirky items that are not intuitive or self-explanatory.

Thank you!