Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Print Contact screen does not print

Copper Contributor

Print Contact screen does not print

I can not get the ACT contact screen to print.    When I'm looking at the the main contact screen and go to the menu item "Print Contact" it goes to a page that shows my printer but when I say print nothing  happens.  I've tried other printers and going to Adobe PDF same thing.  I have other programs running like MS word and they print fine to the printer with no problems.   Just ACT.  I'm  running ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Print Contact screen does not print

Is the desired printer set to Default in Windows?

How about if, while in the contact detail screen, you choose "Quick Print Current Windows" from the file menu?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Make sure you have assigned a default printer in Windows and also make sure the Print Spooler service is running. You can check the latter by opening your Task Manager and looking for "spoolsv.exe" under the Processes tab.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello vencedor73,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. It looks like the details of your post did not display. This is due to you using Internet Explorer 9 as your browser, which is not yet fully supported by this forum. To properly post in this forum, you will either need to put IE9 into IE8 compatibility mode for this site or use another browser. We look forward to hearing from you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am having a simular issue. I am using ACT! 4.0. When I try to print it says " No print driver installed". There is a printer loaded and set as default and I can print from any other application. I reloaded the print driver but was still not able to print. It stopped giving me the error and would bring up the print properites but would now give an error message that the application has an error and needs to close. My system is running Win XP MCE. Has anyone seen this issue or have a fix? Thanks