Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Prevent Remote Database User From Viewing All User Activities on Calendar

Prevent Remote Database User From Viewing All User Activities on Calendar

[ Edited ]

We are using Act2010 Premium in a multi-user environment.  We have a remote database user, and we have created limited access teams so he can only see specific Contacts and Opportunities. In addition we have set the Companies and Contacts to limited access.  This seems works for the Contacts, Companies, and Opportunities list; however, the remote database user can still view ALL user activities on their calendar if they have select users set to "all users".  The only way to hide the activity detail for other users is mark the Activities as private.  Is there a way in Act or with a plug-in to disable the "all users" option and force the calendar and task list to display only the logged in user's Activities for remote databases?

Tony

Re: Prevent Remote Database User From Viewing All User Activities on Calendar

There is no setting in Act! that will allow you to remove the "all users" option. To my knowledge, there is no third-party option to do this either. 

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Nickel Super Contributor

For the remote user's synch set, do they have all users and future users selected, or just their own?

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

I am not clear what you are asking, but we don't want the remote users to see the activities of other users because each remote user has a specific territory (defined by the limited access feature) and should not be able to see activities that are not in their territory (i.e. activities that are not linked to their allowed company or contact list).  If the remote user changes the filter on the calendar and the task list to "all users", they can see activities for companies and contacts that they are not allowed to see on their companies or contacts screen.  I am asking if there is a way to prevent the remote user from seeing the activities for companies and contacts that are not on their companies and contact lists.  Make sense?

Tony

Nickel Super Contributor

Right...when you create a remote database, you can create synch sets for that database.  One step of the sync set is setting which user can login to that remote database.  So, I'm curious if you don't allow the other users to login to the database, if their calendars will be visable.  You would just have to test it.

See this KB - http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21832/kw/21832

Click on "Create Sync Set" link.

Scroll down to "Select Users" to see the step I'm talking about.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com