Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Prevent Act 2011 for Web report section from spanning a page break

Prevent Act 2011 for Web report section from spanning a page break

I have a custom Act 2011 Premium for Web report that contains a contact section. Based on the information being printed, I should normally get the detail for two contacts printed per page. I do not want the third contact to start printing on the page because it will not fit. I don't want a contact to print across a page break.

I was able to do this in Act! 2000. And, I thought I did so by making sure the setting "Allow section to break across multiple pages" was unchecked.

I've tried this in Act! 2011 Premium for Web, and it does not seem to work.  I get two contacts and part of a third on one page, the rest of the third contact prints on the top of the next page. I want it to page break before the third contact so it doesn't get split between pages.

The defined sections of the report are as follows:

Report Header

Page Header

Section 3              (this section is for the contact record and is set to sort by name) (Allow section to break is NOT checked)

Section 3 Header 

Detail                (here is where the fields from the contact record print) (Allow section to break is NOT checked)

Section 3 Footer

Page Footer

Report Footer

Thanks for your advice. My client is anxious for me to fix this!

Cathy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Prevent Act 2011 for Web report section from spanning a page break

What you want can be accomplished by careful manipulation of the white space in the detail section. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The detail section lists the records stored in secondary contacts, so the number printed will vary from contact to contact. So, the amount of printed space per contact will not always be the same. Wish I could just manipulate the white space, but I can't. Any other thoughts?

Try adding the white space below the subreport and set the detail section property Can Grow to No.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks! I'll give that a try! Any thoughts on my other post about how to remove the report footer which prints the server URL location of the report? Do these Act Premium for Web reports just always have to print that info?

Sorry No.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for you help!  I've managed to get my report to page break the way I wanted using your advice, but it only works when printed from the server.  When I try to print the report from a web client, the report seems to ignore all of my white spacing, and page breaks.  I'm afraid I don't know why this would be the case.

The output is converted to HTML to go over the WEB.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129