Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Preselect Default Database for Login?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Preselect Default Database for Login?

I would like to know if there is an easy way to pre-select the default database at the web login screen. I know you can set it to auto select one database or the last one logged into. But I would like to be able to maybe pass a request in the URL so that user doesn't have to select the database each time from the drop down. 

Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Preselect Default Database for Login?

Yup! Well that, a few CSS changes to the login page to mask the database name from even showing up, and some forwarding to those VD's based off of session variables. Jorb done! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

When they open the URL, the database highlighted in the dropdown should be the last one they successfully logged out of out (a proper logout, not just closing the web browser). I believe you need to have cookies enabled for this. At least that it what I found using IE7.  There is not a method that I know of to bypass the login screen and go directly to the database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I didn't really need to bypass the login, just wanted to limit the databases certain users see. I've figured out a way to do it. Thanks though!
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]
Good to hear. Did you accomplish this by creating additional virtual directories in IIS, then adding the appropriate databases to each directory?
Message Edited by ghollister on 03-26-2010 02:16 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Yup! Well that, a few CSS changes to the login page to mask the database name from even showing up, and some forwarding to those VD's based off of session variables. Jorb done!