Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Premium to Pro ??

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Premium to Pro ??

I am currently using ACT! Premium 2010 multi-user.  I have many custom fields and forms.

If I upgrade to 2011 or 2012 Pro, will the database carry forward as is?

In other words, will Pro 2011 be able to use a database populated by Premium 2010?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author chapii
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Premium to Pro ??

The latest version of ActDiag (that comes with Sage ACT! 2012) will let you downgrade a Premium database to a Pro database.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Mike, thanks for responding. I have added fields to the contact and opportunity tables. Also I have created custom contact and opportunity screens, to each of which I have added tabs to utilize my additional fields.
I'm assuming that Pro will accept the augmented database tables without demur, but what about the modified screens?

Thanks,
Charles.
Bronze Contributor

Moving from Premium to Pro, regardless of version, is considered a downgrade.  I don't think Pro will open a Premium database.  I think you have to do a save as while still in Premium 2010, and select Pro and copy data to create a Pro database.  Then if you upgrade to 2012 Pro, it should be able to open that database.

Signature
Solution
Accepted by topic author chapii
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

The latest version of ActDiag (that comes with Sage ACT! 2012) will let you downgrade a Premium database to a Pro database.

Bronze Contributor

Good reminder Ben.  And the latest version of actdiag works with all versions of ACT! from ACT! 2005 (v7) thru current.

Here's the link to the KB article.  The download link is towards the bottom of the article.

http://bit.ly/JoE2RI

Signature

Thank you to everyone that has participated in this.

I was just looking to see if there's a full list of what you might lose ... I can't see a current one.

All the fields/layouts will be fine - except no Read Only field security
No limited Access or Teams of users
No Group scheduling
No team dashboards
Some advanced admin and deployment options
Sync services
Web access

Used to also be differences in Opportunity customisations... but I don't think so any more

That's all I can think of off the top of my head
Bronze Contributor

Good List, and now we extend no Web access to include no Sage ACT! Premium Mobile Web access for HTML5 browsers.

Signature

Well, you have Connect ... but I'd still go with HHC over both at this time.

When AML was first in beta, I said it would take Sage 5 years to get it right ... 4 years later and that prediction looks pretty good.

It still have many international issues and some more general

I still think that web apps have to many drawbacks at the moment ... at least till the phone OS vendors allow better local caching (access when no internet access), notifications for alarms, and some integration with other installed apps.