Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Premium for Web Calendar Display Bug

Bronze Elite Contributor

Premium for Web Calendar Display Bug

Next Week.pngAct! Premium for Web version 19.2.146.0 Update 2, in either Chrome build 60.0.3112.113 or IE 11.0.9600.18638, fails to display Monday in the Working Week calendar when the selected day is a Tuesday (for example) on the mini calendar. Refer image. NOTE that this is where the selected Tuesday date is in the future.
There is no problem if the selected min-calendar date is the current day or a day in the past.    

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Administrator

Re: Premium for Web Calendar Display Bug

Hi Graeme,

I've tested this in Act! v19.2 u3 using Chrome v60 and am unable to replicate the issue.

2017-09-19_10-38-12.gif

Please can you confirm what the work week settings are set to in the calendar preferences. A screenshot of this window would be useful. The work week preferences in APFW aren't synced with the desktop software.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Gary,

The Work Day settings are correct for both APFW and Desktop i.e. Monday through Friday which is the default. 

Try this for me please. Within the mini calendar,  click on the Sunday and/or Monday prior to the current day and see what the effect is.   

Graeme Leo

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Graeme,

Both of these days also showed the calendar correctly.

I did some further testing after trying to more carefully replicate your environment. I set my timezone in APFW to UTC+13, and after this, the work week calendar started incorrectly showing the beginning of the week as Tuesday and ending on Saturday. It consistently shows this way, and I'm unable to make it display correctly by selecting other any other days on the mini calendar.
I've submitted this as a defect. It's been logged as defect D-07472.

Could you please try setting your timezone to UTC or UTC-7 any testing again to confirm this is the same issue you're seeing?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Gary,

Yes, setting APFW to UTC-7 corrects it but it isn't helpful for anybody with timezone of UTC+12  

Graeme Leo

Administrator

Thanks for confirming the issue Graeme. Changing the timezone was not a suggested workaround, I was just checking to see if we were both seeing the same issue.

Until the defect is fixed, if date shows consistently wrong every day, then my suggestion for a workaround would be to change the start of the week day in the APFW preferences.
If it's inconsistent, then I'd suggest using the weekly calendar instead which doesn't appear to be affected by this issue.
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gary,

In answer to your questions:

1. Changing the start day is not a solution because it is inconsistent across the week.
  2. Using the Weekly view is not affected, but strongly unpopular with the customer.
  3. Fiddling with time zones is not an option. 

While operationally you could say that the data is all available in both views, it is really, really important to people who effectively 'live in ' a particular calendar view on a daily basis, scheduling and re-scheduling throughout the day, that the product supports the Working Week calendar. I need to impress upon you  how important this, unless you have experience in using Act! calendar as an important tool-of-trade intensively every day, you have no concept of how this affects all the staff tasked to manage appointments. Please let's not let this drift off the radar because SP decides that this is a low level of importance.

How do we do that Gary, how do we get this sorted for my 10 user, recent APFW adopters site, as rapidly as possible lest they look for some other CRM that exhibits more stability?      

Graeme Leo

Administrator

Hi Graeme,

Getting this issue logged as a defect is the best way of getting the issue addressed. I did this as soon as I was able to replicate the issue. I've added context to the defect report and linked this thread in the report details for reference.

I'll pass this request along to the product management team personally by email, however I don't have any way of expediting defect fixes outside of the normal processes. They have the difficult job of carefully considering each new report alongside the other previously logged defects, and making an assessment on which should take priority for the development team. As I'm sure you appreciate, this is a finite resource, so any shuffling of priorities will have a knock-on effect on those other fixes in the pipeline.

I'll do what I can, but these kinds of decisions are very much out of my hands.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Gary,

I understand the process, however my first concern is to my clients that issues are dealt with in a timely manner.

History of this very community show that in some cases defects span whole versions of Act! and still remain unresolved. Swiftpage willingness on taking responsibility to fix problems in a timely manner affect my customers daily and my credibility in promoting the product. If Swiftpage are having trouble with keeping up with maintaining the product through development resourcing levels, then Swiftpage needs to employ more to satisfy that responsibility to its clients and to those who promote the product.        

Graeme Leo