Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Premium 2012 - duplicate opportunity not working properly

Copper Contributor

Premium 2012 - duplicate opportunity not working properly

When I select duplicate opportunity... no matter which option I choose (all or primary fields only) I get a fresh new blank opportunity.

I am using Durkin OLP.

If I Duplicat the contact it works fine and properly according to whichever button I choose...

Any suggestions?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Premium 2012 - duplicate opportunity not working properly

It depends what you want to do with the duplicate. If it is a case of creating an opportunity that you want to duplicate across a lookup of records you can download an application from  FreeACTAddons 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

My primary fields are set. When I choose duplicate it give me the option all fields or primary fields only. No matter which I choose the duplcation occurs but no data is duplcated. Only a blank fresh new opportunity... It is ignoring the selection and simply creating a new opp. I have shut down and restarted... shut down and rebooted.... I dont know why this is not working properly

Platinum Super Contributor

I'm unable to reproduce this issue; when using the Duplicate Opportunity (under Opportunity menu) option, it successfully creates a new Opportunity with fields populated.  Are you the only user of this database?  If no, do the other users also have the issue? 

Have you tested with a different database?  (ex: Demo, or create a test database).

I'm not familiar with the add-on mentioned, can you test on another workstation without the add-on installed?

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Elite Contributor

As Greg suggests, test with the demo database.

We have found that from time to time where a database has been upgraded from ACT! 2009 or earlier that you do get peculiar problems with opportunities after conversion. Was the database originally under a much earlier version of ACT!

Graeme Leo

Copper Contributor

In my database contact duplicate properly... I am the only user. I tested it with the demo and it does the same thing in the demo it creates a new blank opportunity. ERGGG...

Bronze Elite Contributor

I can only suggest that the Durkin plugin may have an effect.

Graeme Leo