Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Premium 2011 and WIndows 7 Ultimate (64bit) Remote database issues

Loyal Listener

Premium 2011 and WIndows 7 Ultimate (64bit) Remote database issues

[ Edited ]

I am moving my clients main database from Windows Server 2003 ACT! Premium 2010 to a Windows 7 environment, the new server will run Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - no Office just Premium 2011 and SQL 2008 R2 from the ACT install disk set.  The three client machines will be Windows 7 Ultimate (64) and Office 2010.(32)

On my test system I have restored (as) a backup of the main database and cannot create a remote database, the options are greyed out despite having created a new sync set.and enabling synchronisation.

Putting UAC down to its minimum level allows the creation of the remote database. Is this normal ?  I hate turning UAC off in production environments.

Is there a KB for installation on Windows 7 - I can't  spot one.

TIA

Paul M Tate
Employee

Re: Premium 2011 and WIndows 7 Ultimate (64bit) Remote database issues

Because of the way windows Vista and Windows 7 give admin access to programs, you will need to run as administrator to get all of the required features to work correctly(Right click the Act! icon and run as administrator).

You can set the icon to always run as administrator by right clicking the Act! icon, select properties, Go to the Compatibility tab and there is a tick box for run this program as administrator. Enable this and Apply and OK. This will now always prompt you to run the software as administrator.