Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Premium 2009 ST hangs when adding group notes

Premium 2009 ST hangs when adding group notes

We are running ACT Premium 2009 ST and are having issues adding group notes...the screen hangs for literally hours. The longest it has been left is 8 hours and it still hasn't finished so we have had to 'crash out'. Group sizes vary but are usually 100-200. I have been told by our ACT support that adding notes to groups of 30 or more is a no-no as it uses too much processing power, but previous versions of ACT have updated large groups fine and it sounds unlikely.

Is this a common problem? Does anyone have any advice on fixes/alternatives?

Many thanks.

Re: Premium 2009 ST hangs when adding group notes

I'm assuming this is a shared database setup.  Do you get the same issue locally on the server?  I just added a note and history to 209 contacts and it took about 15-20 seconds.  Have you ran through any database maintenance on the database?  If you haven't, run through Check and Repair from Tools > Database Maintenance.
Copper Contributor

Re: Premium 2009 ST hangs when adding group notes

I'm having the same problem. Whenever I try to add a note to a Group the program hangs and I end up having to restart. My database at the moment is not shared and is located on my computer (not the server). The Group size for this particular note is approximately 1400 contacts.  Does anyone have a fix to this problem?????