Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Premiuim Web - Browser Inconsistencies (Chrome/IE)

Copper Contributor

Premiuim Web - Browser Inconsistencies (Chrome/IE)

Sorry for all the posts/questions guys, but just getting the hang of the Web Based version of Act.  I've noticed that when using Chrome, certain menu options are no listed in the pull down menus or are greyed out.  For example, when viewing a contact, the only option under WRITE pull-down menu is to write an email.  All other options are greyed out.  However, in IE 11, all of the available options are there.

In addition, I've noticed that TOOLS - SYNCHRONIZE WITH OUTLOOK is only available in IE, not Chrome.  There are other subtle differences as well.  For instance, I cannot edit a layout in Chrome as it asks me to reload the page when I save the redesigned layout, causing it not to save at all.  

Is the general consensus then that one must use IE? It's unfortunate if that's the case.

Thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Premiuim Web - Browser Inconsistencies (Chrome/IE)

IE is best with ACT for WEB.

If you are on V18 make sure you have Hotfix 5 update as this dealt with some related issues.

Copper Contributor

When I see the login screen, it shows v419. Is that the most recent version? If it's not, do I call my hosting company to update the version and apply the hot fix? Thanks
Copper Contributor

Sorry, meant to say it's showing version number 18.0.490.0
Bronze Elite Contributor

If you apply Hotfix 5 it should then show 18.0.501.0, Hot Fix 5

Link to update downloads

http://www.act.com/resources/downloads

Copper Contributor

Great, I'll have my host provider apply the fix. Thanks
Administrator

It's also worth noting that some features aren't available in non-IE browsers, such as the synchronise with Outlook commands, due to the requirement for an ActiveX control that is only supported in IE.
Copper Contributor

Okay so I am using the latest version of ACt v18 Web Premium and still have a few browser related issues. When using IE (recommended here on the forum), I notice the following problems:

1. When adding a new history record, the preview column no longer displays content from the activities tracked.  I have to click on another tab/link and then come back into the HISTORY tab in order to see a preview of the attached activities.  Now in saying "preview" i'm referring to the fact I have the "Show Preview" box checked.  Any new entries I make, that column goes grey and I no longer see any previews.

2. Is there a way to have the list of anything being viewed updated/refreshed automatically when a new entry is made? I've noticed that the web browser is not refreshing the list when a new entry is made.  This can happen when, for example, adding a new history entry, or a new opportunity etc.  I have to click elsewhere in Act to go to a different screen, and then click a link to go back before it refreshes.

3. The fonts keep changing when I record a new history.  Sometimes is uses my default font of MS Sans Serif and other times it defaults to Arial.  It's not consistent - not sure what is happening here as the fonts seem very wonky and inconsistent.

4. When entering a new contact, I sometimes lose the ability to control the focus of the cursor when tabbing through each field.  This tends to happen most when going from the CITY field to the PROVINCE field.  I'll enter the city, press TAB to go to the next field and the cursor gets stuck, I'm forced to click on another link somewhere in Act to go to a different screen and then go back and continue editing.

Not sure if these things all happen in other browsers but these are the main issues I've been experiencing.

Thanks

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Thanks Jag,

I've sent your feedback to the Product Management team for review.