Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Prem4FP Ver 12.1 ans Office 2010 (32bit)

Prem4FP Ver 12.1 ans Office 2010 (32bit)

I have been running "Premium for Financial Professionals Version 12.1.0.181x30, Hot Fix 1" for a while now.  I had Office 2010 Beta on my system of course there was not any connection.  The office has now upgraded to Office2010 32bit.  I unstalled the beta and installed the New Office, but my ACT does not see it.   Why...  Do I need to unistall ACT and reinstall it?  The database is on a server so I am not worried about losing data.

Does anyone have any input on this this?

Thank you

Michael

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Prem4FP Ver 12.1 ans Office 2010 (32bit)

Hello Michael,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Unfortunately, ACT! 2010 does not support Office 2010. Please subscribe to the following Community post to receive updates regarding this issue:

http://community.act.com/t5/ACT-Premium/Microsoft-Office-2010-Support-for-ACT-2010-Updates/td-p/8223...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have linked to the RSS.  

Any Idea when Act will be compliant with Office 2010?  And when will we be able to unpack remote databases on Windows 7 systems?

I have used ACT since v6.  I updated to 2005 back in 2005.  A little over a year now I had to update some software, and found out 2005 would not run on it.  Ok so I updated to the current version.  To find out we cannot 'unpack a remote database'.  That was supposed to be remedied by now.  I have others in the office still running Office 97 (yes 97).  We are now having issues with some places sending us files that 97 cannot open.  We like many of the new features Outlook has now.

-Frustraded with ACT

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

ACT! 2011 (to be released in September) supports Office 2010 32-bit, but there is no official word as of yet as when and if earlier versions will. In regards to the issue with unpacking remote databases on a Windows 7 machine, please see KB Article 22922.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.