Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Prem 2008

Prem 2008

Having trouble with users syncing. Updated to 10.3.182 from 10.2.191. Uninstalled net sync server  10.2.191 installed 10.3.182. Some people can sync others can not. Those who cannot get timeout error. Sync message box never appears. All can telnet servername 65100. Sync log on remote last entry is "Checking if schema changes are available for sync". Hotfix1 and hotfix2 have been applied. Ran check and repair database(both publisher and subscriber). Rebuilt both Schema and sync objects - same error. Timeout values are set to 90 90 3600 on both publisher and remotes(wired LAN). What else do I do? I am trying to avoid creating new remote as this problem has occurred 2-3 times for some users.

Re: Prem 2008

How did you increase the timeout values on the server?  Since you're using Network Sync Service, you need to change the values in Act.Framework.Synchronization.Service.exe.config.

In order to increase synchronization timeout values, please use the following steps: 

1. Close ACT!.
  2. Browse to C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT For Windows\ACT Network Sync
  3. Open Act.Framework.Synchronization.Service.exe.config in Notepad.
  4. Look for the line in the .config file that states:
  5. <-- Database Timout values are in seconds so a value of 30 will be 30 seconds -->
    <add key="DatabaseCommandTimeOut.Default" value=“30"/>
    <add key="DatabaseConnectionTimeOut.Default" value=“30"/>
    <add key="DatabaseCommandTimeOut.Long" value="3600"/>

6. Replace the default values with a larger window of time.
    • Normally, we only need to adjust the DatabaseCommandTimeOut.Default value.
  7. Save and close the .config file.
  8. In the case where Network Sync is being used, the Network Sync Service needs to be restarted in order for changes to go in effect.
  9. Attempt to sync

Done- stopped then restarted service. still does not sync. The progress window never appears. does this mean handshaking did not take place?  if so, what test to run other than telnet <servername> 65100?

Run the following repairs in order from actdiag on the main and remote database.  Once done, attempt to sync again. 

- Repair Database

- Rebuild Sync Objects

- Reindex Database

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

Done. no luck. Is there a debug screen to find what exactly where the process is failing? I run Profiler and appears not to get past  PRC_GET_DBLOCKINFO stored procedure. 

Also I have some people that were able to sync before update and now can not. For those I just cut another RemDB. But there are others that did not sync just before update. Those are the majority of users that cannot sync now. I also noticed that the "last complete sync date" was not being updated on master and in some cases not on remDB either.