Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Prefixe and Sufifxe - Where is this function in the new verions?

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Prefixe and Sufifxe - Where is this function in the new verions?

Where is this function in the new verions?

ATTACHED FILE  Smiley Frustrated

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Prefixe and Sufifxe - Where is this function in the new verions?

[ Edited ]

You can manage the prefix and suffix lists from the Name Preferences under the Admin tab. This tells ACT! that anything in that list is a prefix or suffix, so when added to the company name it is correctly parsed. In the Salutation Preferences under the General tab, you have options to include the prefix and/or suffix in the Salutation field. Was there something more you were looking for regarding prefixes and suffixes?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello Juan,
In ACT! 2013, you would click the Name Preferences button under the Admin tab in the Preferences screen. You will need to be logged into the database as an Admin or Manager user to access this function.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Super Contributor

Greig Thanks, but I'm missing something .... Could you see the attachment to this message? thanks.  Smiley Indifferent

If you're referring to the option for which name to use as the Salutation, there is a separate button for Salutation Preferences under the General tab in the preferences screen. In the current versions, the name and salutation preferences are separated.

Greig Hollister

Nickel Super Contributor

Thanks, what you say is correct, but I still think I missed something, because when I define preferences and create a new contact I do not see where I define the prefix and suffix.

Thank You Greig... Best regards

Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

You can manage the prefix and suffix lists from the Name Preferences under the Admin tab. This tells ACT! that anything in that list is a prefix or suffix, so when added to the company name it is correctly parsed. In the Salutation Preferences under the General tab, you have options to include the prefix and/or suffix in the Salutation field. Was there something more you were looking for regarding prefixes and suffixes?

Greig Hollister

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Greig, everything you said is correct. But ... When I create a new contact I do not see where to select   Sr. Mrs. Ms. or any prefix ...

I understand the preferences ... I also understand that when I change something in preferences I can go Tools - Update Salutation field ...

OK, No More .. Thanks for everything.