Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Preferences getting reset

Copper Contributor

Preferences getting reset

I have ACT! 201  Premium version 13.1.111.0. I've noticed that when I open a different database, other my own main db, especially the ACT 2011 demo, my Scheduling preferences get reset. I have Meetings set to High, Calls to Med and ToDo's to Low.

This morning after opening the demo db and then re-opening my main db, these settings got changed. Anyone else notice this?

Greater Chicago area ACC
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Preferences getting reset

Hello twieczorek,
Is it just your scheduling preferences that are not retained, or are other settings being lost as well? Also, what operating system does your computer use?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

As far as I can tell it's just been the scheduling preferences. This on a new laptop with Windows 7 Home 64-bit.

Greater Chicago area ACC
Copper Contributor

Has there been any resolution here?  We are having the same problem with one user.  Her scheduling preferences keep getting reset.  She is on an xp machine and I have deleted and rebuilt her preferences manually and using actdiag.

Copper Contributor

Hi,

frustrating isn't it?

Just upgrading 30 odd PCs to ACT! 2011 and this appears to be the only real problem I have.

It appears to be limited to XP machines in my Company, Win 7 appear OK.

I've tried the preferencesBak.xml stuff from the KB and turning of simple file sharing, now what?

I'll keep an eye on these posts to see if anyone finds anything out...

Roland

Roland Horwood
Frame Design
TJ Crump Oakwrights Ltd
www.oakwrights.co.uk
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Roland,
Are you having the same issue as the original poster with just the scheduling preferences? Or is it all preferences? What version of ACT! were you using prior to 2011?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi Greig,
Ah, didn't read carefully!
When a user logs in to our ACT! database, they get the dialogue about the wonderful new Outlook synchronisation feature, and do they want to set it up. They click OK and thier settings are there, which they click OK to.
They opportunity detail layout they previously selected is also reset to the default.
Not major stuff, but frustrating...

Roland
Roland Horwood
Frame Design
TJ Crump Oakwrights Ltd
www.oakwrights.co.uk

We have just experience this two weeks ago, made three calls to ACT support, spent many hours and no luck. I tried deleting the preference,... did you get yours resolved? how?

Thanks a lot!

Jin Kong

www.apollomd.com

Copper Contributor

No we have not resolved this and in fact we have a second new user who is experiencing the same problem.  The 2 users were set up on different pcs (one windows xp, the other windows 7).  The only thing they have in common is that they were both new users on Act 2011, the rest of our users have been on previous versions of ACT and have not had an issue.  It is very frustrating and I am wondering if anyone has an update?

We have the exact version as you guys.