Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Preferences File -- ACT Premium 2012

Copper Contributor

Preferences File -- ACT Premium 2012

1.  Can someone explain the E-mail Attach to ACT Contacts.  We are having problems with it attaching to My Record history.  Sometimes it does attach and some not.  We have selected "All Contacts".  Is this correct?  If not, how do we accomplish this? 

2.  The selections in my Preferences just weren't sticking; the Startup View always defaulted to the Connections page.  Then  this week I got the "Resolution of the dependency failed" message.  After going thru all the suggestions found in the Knowledgebase, I reinstalled ACT on my computer.  Same message.  My ACT Consultant found the Preferences file was corrupted...(I know, I know, but we had rebuilt the file already per the instructions!) and he somehow got it rebuilt again.  Everything worked fine for the remainder of the day.  However, the next day when I opened ACT it opened to the Connections page and other email options were back to the default.   Also, one other interesting thing, is the <-- BACK and --> FORWARD icons in ACT are greyed out -- they worked only that one time for that one day after my consultant got the file rebuilt. 

I need some help with this as it is presenting a real problem for us.  Can someone out there please help? 

Bronze Contributor

Re: Preferences File -- ACT Premium 2012

I am an ACT! Consultant and I've seen a growing rash of Preference File corruption in the last 6 months.  I've just about given up on it.  It reminds me of the 'whack-a-mole' game in arcades - the moment you get this preference file rebuilt, that one over there pops up.  I'm tired on fighting Preference File corruption since 2005.

Signature
Copper Contributor

Re: Preferences File -- ACT Premium 2012

Kevin,

Well in a way its comforting to know I'm not the only one out there experiencing this problem, yet in another way its very disconcerting.  Sage ACT has a good product, but the fact that this is a known problem and nothing gets done to fix it...well don't get me started about people and companies don't seem to care about their customers!