Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Potential 'Deletes' in v19 Calendar when using Outlook (Warning to Act! Community)

Administrator

Re: Potential 'Deletes' in v19 Calendar when using Outlook (Warning to Act! Community)

Hi Sherijckh,

Are you using a @gmail.com domain for your google account, or are you using a custom domain with G Suite?

Re: Potential 'Deletes' in v19 Calendar when using Outlook (Warning to Act! Community)

A gmail account.  It's worked just fine for about a year and then suddenly things started disappearing about 2 weeks ago.

Administrator

Hi Sherijckh,

How often are the activities being removed from Act?
Are you doing any other calendar syncing, i.e. with Outlook, another integrated application, or a remote Act! database?
Do you have any other users also syncing with google that are experiencing the same problem?

Hi Gary,

How often are the activities being removed from Act?  When the problem started a few weeks ago, any new appointments we put into Act, as soon as it synced with Google calendar, they would disappear from the Act calendar.  Then we'd put them in again, and they'd disappear from Act calendar again, BUT they would then be on the google calendar twice.   So the appts. are staying on the google calendar, but not the Act calendar.

Are you doing any other calendar syncing, i.e. with Outlook, another integrated application, or a remote Act! database?   No, no other syncing.

Do you have any other users also syncing with google that are experiencing the same problem?   No, just one user syncs with google. 

Thanks!

Sheri

Administrator

Hi Sheri,

This is quote unusual. I think the next best troubleshooting step would be to create a new google account to test with, and sync some test activities to this account to see if the problem also occurs with another google account.

Ok, we'll give that a try!  stay tuned..... :-)

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a related issue regarding meetings, to dos etc being deleted, for the 2nd time since upgrading to Act Pro V19, the meetings etc have being deleted back to previous Sunday and all the future dated meetings have disappeared as well. The Act Pro 19 is on already on Update 2.

I noticed that the Act Integration service had a problem last night, and I tried to run it several times to no avail, which is probably what triggered the issue. I also noticed that the quick attach tool bar in the Outlook 2013 add ins has gone as well.

This is the second time in a couple of months that this has happened, and is causing me no end of dramas.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be grateful to hear them

Regards

Steve Jones

Copper Contributor

Hi

I forgot to verify my email address, which is now done,  and I am wondering applying the update;

25/05/2017Act! Pro v19.2 Updateact!_pro_v19_sp2x144505 MB

would help get things back to normal?

Copper Contributor

Another thought regarding the deletion of all the future dated meetings, and the ones from earlier this week that I had not cleared or erased disappearing, would it be sensible to switch from Outlook 2013 back to Outlook 2010?

At least with Outlook 2010 the inbound and outbound emails did link to the the contact's record. Since moving to Outlook 2013 and upgrading the ACT Pro to version 19, the whole thing seems very unstable.

Regards

Steve Jones

Administrator

Hi Steve,

I would not suggest downgrading Office to 2010, but I would suggest upgrading to Act! v19.2. Are you currently using v19.0?

After upgrading Act!, keep an eye out for any continuing strange behaviour. Post again if you run into anything.