Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Potential 'Deletes' in v19 Calendar when using Outlook (Warning to Act! Community)

Copper Contributor

Re: Potential 'Deletes' in v19 Calendar when using Outlook (Warning to Act! Community)

Good News!!!  After over 70 consecutive syncs, I haven't had any errant deletes show up.  All appointments in Act appear to be stable and the History shows no deletes in the 'Removed from Act!' column.  When this problem was occurring (over the last 3 weeks since our upgrade to v19), the History would show the deletes and all appointments would simply disappear within the Act Calendar.  The dll installed yesterday appears to be working!

With all that good news, the History Log (systray) still seems to be problematic in that it randomly deletes itself and starts all over again.  Swiftpage is aware of this issue and is looking for a fix.

I'm not sure what happens now at Swiftpage in releasing a Hot Fix for the appointment deletion problem.  If you are having this problem (or something similar), I would contact Swiftpage Technical Support and use the defect ID D-05619 (thanks for providing that number, Gary!).

I will have more interaction with Swiftpage today to determine next steps.  I will post anything newsworthy at that time.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Neil_Act
‎03-17-2017 07:42 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Potential 'Deletes' in v19 Calendar when using Outlook (Warning to Act! Community)

Happy to report that it's Day 3 since deploying the dll fix and all calendar items are stable without any errant deletes.  Looks like this may have fixed this (very frustrating) issue.

I look forward to now seeing the fixes for the various other integration related issues (e.g., mysterious History wipes).

Administrator

Thank's for the keeping us updated Neil. That's great news.

I believe this fix will be rolled out in an upcoming update, but i don't have any specifics on this at the moment.
Copper Contributor

Can someone please post the .dll fix?  Soooo. . . my entire week is GONE in Act!.  

Michelle Scott
-----------------------
3Leaf CRM
mscott@3leafcrm.com
www.3leafcrm.com
Administrator

Hi Michelle,

The .dll can be requested from support. It will be included in a hotfix update which will be rolled within the next few days.
Copper Contributor

Gary kindly provided the defect ID D-05619 that was given to this bug.  You will probably need to provide this as a reference if you are to ask support for the dll files.

Keep us updated ...

Administrator

Hi All,

We have now released Update 2 for Act! v19.1 which resolves this issue.

The update can be downloaded from the Download Center, and more information on what's included can be found in this Knowledgebase Article.

Do I have to upgrade to V19 to fix this issue?  I am currently using V18.0.501.0

Thank you!

Copper Contributor

Hello Sherijckh.  I was not aware that this bug was in v18?  Are you actually experiencing this issue?

Yes. Although my issue is calendar items disappear from Act calendar when synced with google calendar.  We turned off the sync and the issue stopped. Not everything was disappearing but enough that its an issue.