Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Potential 'Deletes' in v19 Calendar when using Outlook (Warning to Act! Community)

Administrator

Re: Potential 'Deletes' in v19 Calendar when using Outlook (Warning to Act! Community)

Hi chtipton,

I appreciate your concern on this issue. As of right now, it's still under investigation, and we're aiming to get a fix rolled out as soon as possible.
With the help of Neil and other customers, we've been gathering more detailed data about this issue and using this to work towards a solution.
Copper Contributor

Re: Potential 'Deletes' in v19 Calendar when using Outlook (Warning to Act! Community)

Hello Gary. It has been 3 weeks since I first identified this problem on our systems. This was on the day we upgraded to v19 so no coincidence ... clearly a problem with v19.  If you subtract the week that Swiftpage lost while trying to prove this was my issue (instead of theirs), we have two weeks of "we're working on it."  Ironically, the only reason we paid for an upgrade to v19 is we had waited 2 YEARS for fixes in v17 to Outlook integration issues that existed in Click-2-Run Office environments (pre-packaged on our systems when purchased).  The only difference here is that, at least, v17 ran and DID WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED to do ... all we had to do was reboot frequently to fix settings that mysteriously dropped and caused errors.  Now ... with what has been called an "upgrade" (I have other words but this is a professional forum) ... we are totally without a functioning CRM.  We can't trust any scheduling we put in to actually be there so we have stopped running Act!

Two weeks ago they admitted to finding the problem at their end.  I'm an understanding person and realize fixes like this may not be overnight but 2 weeks? When we're down altogether? I wonder how patient Swiftpage would be if my credit card didn't approve the payment for this 'upgrade' to v19?  I doubt they would show the same patience we're being asked for.

Thanks for being in the loop on this one ...

Neil 

Administrator

Hi Neil,

I have spoken to the team handling the issue, and have been given the defect ID D-05619. I'm now tracking this issue and will post any updates to it as I receive them.
I'm afraid I don't have a timeframe for a solution to the issue at the moment, but I can tell you that we've narrowed it down to an issue with the Microsoft Sync Framework which Act! uses to Sync with Outlook.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this issue is causing you, and I'm confident the issue will be addressed soon.
Astute Commentator

This is getting out of hand!  We've lost meetings over and over and over again using Act!   We are going to have to abandon Act! and find something better.   That is too bad too.  I have used Act! since version 3.0 but it's too unreliable at this point. Smiley Sad  

Copper Contributor

I just heard from technical support that they have a possible fix for this problem. They will be installing it on my system tomorrow and I am hopeful that this will be the end of the calendar deletions. I will keep you posted as to any progress made. Because of your long-term relationship with Act, perhaps it's worth waiting for one more day?
Astute Commentator

We shall see....I know people are trying to get this fixed but when a business relies on it and it continually fails...it become a hindrance rather than a helpful tool!  I hope it fixes the problem!

Copper Contributor

Quick update.  At 11:10 PST, a new Act.Integration.dll file was deployed in two specific areas within my system.  I have had three successful syncs (set for 15 minute increments) but the problem with deletions has frequently taken 16-20 syncs to show up.  I will post in a few hours what I'm observing.  Stay tuned ... 

Astute Commentator

Please keep us in the loop!  (crossing fingers)

Copper Contributor

This occurred on the 5th sync.  In essence, the complete History log is wiped clean and the date stamp changes to 1/1/0001 (who would write code with a year of "0001" as a possibility?).

This is one of the three problems I originally reported (weeks ago) so it may not be related to the "deletion" problem but, clearly, it wasn't addressed in the fix.  So far, the appointments are holding.  With that said, I believe all of the previous deletions of Act activities was preceded by the History being wiped clean.  Interestingly, while the History wipe did occur before the deletions occurred, it went for several successful syncs before the deletions actually took place.  That may imply these two issues are separate.  More later ...

ActError.01.jpg

Copper Contributor

Update after 18 consecutive syncs without a delete out of the Act! Calendar: While other errors have been detected and forwarded to Swiftpage, so far this current fix is good news.  The longest consecutive run (up to the installation of the new dll file) was 20-22 syncs (can’t remember exactly) so I’m going to hold off a little longer until I call this ‘done.’  I will update after an overnight of running the Act Integration Service with Act closed.

Neil