03-13-2017 04:17 AM
03-13-2017 05:20 AM
Hello Gary. It has been 3 weeks since I first identified this problem on our systems. This was on the day we upgraded to v19 so no coincidence ... clearly a problem with v19. If you subtract the week that Swiftpage lost while trying to prove this was my issue (instead of theirs), we have two weeks of "we're working on it." Ironically, the only reason we paid for an upgrade to v19 is we had waited 2 YEARS for fixes in v17 to Outlook integration issues that existed in Click-2-Run Office environments (pre-packaged on our systems when purchased). The only difference here is that, at least, v17 ran and DID WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED to do ... all we had to do was reboot frequently to fix settings that mysteriously dropped and caused errors. Now ... with what has been called an "upgrade" (I have other words but this is a professional forum) ... we are totally without a functioning CRM. We can't trust any scheduling we put in to actually be there so we have stopped running Act!
Two weeks ago they admitted to finding the problem at their end. I'm an understanding person and realize fixes like this may not be overnight but 2 weeks? When we're down altogether? I wonder how patient Swiftpage would be if my credit card didn't approve the payment for this 'upgrade' to v19? I doubt they would show the same patience we're being asked for.
Thanks for being in the loop on this one ...
03-13-2017 10:22 AM
03-13-2017 02:16 PM
This is getting out of hand! We've lost meetings over and over and over again using Act! We are going to have to abandon Act! and find something better. That is too bad too. I have used Act! since version 3.0 but it's too unreliable at this point.
03-13-2017 02:38 PM
03-13-2017 03:40 PM
We shall see....I know people are trying to get this fixed but when a business relies on it and it continually fails...it become a hindrance rather than a helpful tool! I hope it fixes the problem!
03-14-2017 12:10 PM
Quick update. At 11:10 PST, a new Act.Integration.dll file was deployed in two specific areas within my system. I have had three successful syncs (set for 15 minute increments) but the problem with deletions has frequently taken 16-20 syncs to show up. I will post in a few hours what I'm observing. Stay tuned ...
03-14-2017 01:13 PM
This occurred on the 5th sync. In essence, the complete History log is wiped clean and the date stamp changes to 1/1/0001 (who would write code with a year of "0001" as a possibility?).
This is one of the three problems I originally reported (weeks ago) so it may not be related to the "deletion" problem but, clearly, it wasn't addressed in the fix. So far, the appointments are holding. With that said, I believe all of the previous deletions of Act activities was preceded by the History being wiped clean. Interestingly, while the History wipe did occur before the deletions occurred, it went for several successful syncs before the deletions actually took place. That may imply these two issues are separate. More later ...
03-14-2017 04:46 PM
Update after 18 consecutive syncs without a delete out of the Act! Calendar: While other errors have been detected and forwarded to Swiftpage, so far this current fix is good news. The longest consecutive run (up to the installation of the new dll file) was 20-22 syncs (can’t remember exactly) so I’m going to hold off a little longer until I call this ‘done.’ I will update after an overnight of running the Act Integration Service with Act closed.