Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Possible to restore the opportunity association with Contact from backup copy

JM
Nickel Contributor

Possible to restore the opportunity association with Contact from backup copy

After doing Save As Empty DB and export out of corrupt into new DB I lost Relationship and now see also lost my link within Contact record Opportunity tab the opportunity record linked.  Any way to get my 400 Oppt reccords linked to specific contact records?

I know not possible to re-link with Relationship records, but I tried a couple ways export DB to DB. Nothing worked.

Is there a way to fix this? 

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Possible to restore the opportunity association with Contact from backup copy

I don't know of anyone that has a tool that will do it.  I could probably do it manually or perhaps write a tool that would do it.  Contact me offline if you want to discuss it.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Possible to restore the opportunity association with Contact from backup copy

Thanks for the offer but I have a long round about way to correct the 1200 oppt. records no longer associated to their contact records if ACT! support can't explain why I can't recover my defined Relationships and Oppt. records tied to contact records. I had hoped there was a way from a good month old backup copy to export just the part of the Oppt or contact record the link.  I think the method will have to be export from backup DB to current DB only those Contact records that have Oppt. record(s) in hope the link will be re-established.  Then if any of the contacts had more current data in history or fields I re-export from a save as copy of current DB into original DB updating the data but should not break the associated Oppt link.

The Now 2013 SP1 after installing Hotfix4 (which seems to be a significant enough update that it wiped my preferences and update DB Schema) DB Check and Repair /Reindex now shrinks my DB from average added growth of 200MB (780MB size) after doing multiple replace data on a few fields for +25000 records back to normal size 580MB.  This update means I should not need to do anymore Save-As Empty copy of DB, then export from old to new to shrink DB.  Also means no need to go into ACTDIAG.EXE Repair-Reindex to shrink DB.

I like to point out for corrupt DB users need to do the Save-As Empty copy DB which requires Swftpage/ACT! to make the process MUCH easier and recover Relationships and linked Oppt records to Contact records.

JM

JM
Nickel Contributor

Note to myself. 

Restored a backup DB where my Opportunity records seen in the Oppt. Tab were linked to the Contact records.

I exported from backup DB only the Oppt. table ALL records into my current Target working DB.

Following the Wizard for exporting step 6 of 7 open the Specify merge options....

I had to change the "If Source records do not match destiation records" from do not Add to Add.

I changed "If source records match destination records" the Opportunity records dialog to Replace with source oppt. and for Notes, History, Product/Services set as "Do not change"

After the export I checked and my target DB Contact records had the Opportunities apprear again in the Oppt Tab.

Just to be sure the export from old DB did not overwrite Oppt. fields that were more current in Target current DB

I restored a current DB then exported Oppt. from it in to the current working DB.

JM