Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Populate company data when linking a contact to a company?

Populate company data when linking a contact to a company?

We're using ACT! Premium 2010. When we set up a contact and link it to a company, the company's information (address, etc.) is not populated in the contact business card. Is there any way to do this without having to manually enter the info for each contact? It is very cumbersome...

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Populate company data when linking a contact to a company?

Newstream,

You can use the "Create Contact from Company" option on the Company menu to create a new contact that has the "linked" fields populated from the Company.  You could also use the "Duplicate Contact" feature to make a duplicate of an existing contact, and choose only to copy the Primary fields when prompted.

Also, if you create the first contact for a company, using the similar "Create Company From Contact" command allows you to create a Company and not have to retype the info, plus it will link the contact for you.

Cheers,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training

Re: Populate company data when linking a contact to a company?

lkamerman wrote:

Newstream,

You can use the "Create Contact from Company" option on the Company menu to create a new contact that has the "linked" fields populated from the Company.  You could also use the "Duplicate Contact" feature to make a duplicate of an existing contact, and choose only to copy the Primary fields when prompted.

Also, if you create the first contact for a company, using the similar "Create Company From Contact" command allows you to create a Company and not have to retype the info, plus it will link the contact for you.

Cheers,

Len

Hi Len,

I actually have the same problem. I followed what you suggested but it still does not populate Address, City, Zip, Tel, etc... except in the "Company" field (of the Contact windows), there is a linked Company Name from which I created the contact, but nothing else than that. Perhaps a bug? I am using Act 2010 Premium, with all updates