Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Please Help - importing Outlook notes into Act! [subject edited]

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Please Help - importing Outlook notes into Act! [subject edited]

[ Edited ]

I am new to ACT and just started on ACT! Premium Ver 2007 (9.0).  I imported all my contacts to ACT.  I see all my contacts in ACT now.  But I don't see the emails and the notes from Outlook.  Can you help please?

[subject line edited to reflect issue]

Message Edited by gmartin on 02-19-2010 11:07 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Please Help

Two separate issues:

1. Emails - emails within Outlook will not import into your Act! database.  Once Act! and Outlook integration is established you can manually attach emails to your Act! contacts using the Act! icons on the Outlook toolbar.

Instructions for setting up Act! and Outlook integration: Setting up Outlook as Act email client

2. Not sure if the 'Notes' you are referring to were Outlook fields or Notes screens, but during the import there was a mapping screen.  On that screen, for the items you wanted to put onto the Act! Notes tab - you would map them to the 'Add to Act! Notes' option.  If you used this option during the original import and it did not add items, it can be due to special characters and carriage returns within the note(s) itself that prevented it from importing.

Here is a document which explains how to get your Notes from Outlook into the Act! database: Outlook Notes into Act!

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Two separate issues:

1. Emails - emails within Outlook will not import into your Act! database.  Once Act! and Outlook integration is established you can manually attach emails to your Act! contacts using the Act! icons on the Outlook toolbar.

Instructions for setting up Act! and Outlook integration: Setting up Outlook as Act email client

2. Not sure if the 'Notes' you are referring to were Outlook fields or Notes screens, but during the import there was a mapping screen.  On that screen, for the items you wanted to put onto the Act! Notes tab - you would map them to the 'Add to Act! Notes' option.  If you used this option during the original import and it did not add items, it can be due to special characters and carriage returns within the note(s) itself that prevented it from importing.

Here is a document which explains how to get your Notes from Outlook into the Act! database: Outlook Notes into Act!

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for the help.  I followed the instruction, and I was able to retrieve my notes from Outlook.

Thank you!