Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Picture Field Populate Question

Tuned Listener

Picture Field Populate Question

I've inserted a Picture field in my layout.  Is there a way to simply populate the field (click and populate?).  I have a webcam attached to my computer.  Now I have to take the photo of my new contact.  Save the photo, then in ACT right click the field and point to the saved photo.  It then populates the field.  I'd like to be able to have the Contact opened in ACT with a blank picture field, then do a one click to automatically take the picture, save the picture, and populate the field.  Any suggestions?  I'll only be adding one picture to my ACT database - I don't need a utility to save lots of pictures to a given contact, so I'm trying to avoid purchasing an add-on for each workstation.(I have 15 workstations!).

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Picture Field Populate Question

Hello abarnett,

Unfortunately, there is not a way to do this without the use of an add-on. The one that seems to be able to perform this function is PicturePlus. You may wish to add this as a feature request for out product managers to review by posting your suggestion in the Ideas board in this forum.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.