11-01-2011 02:31 PM
Kerri - You can certainly do this, here's how:
1. Go to Tools>Define Fields
2. Click Create New Field
3. Call is whatever you want, but the type will be Picture
Close that interface, and ACT! *should* prompt you to go into the Edit Layout "mode". If not, then:
4. Go to Tools>Design Layouts>Contacts
5. Find a spot to put the image, and on the left click the Picture Field option
6. Drag a "box" or rectangle shape on the layout where you want the image
7. ACT! will prompt you for the field - choose your new field
8. Save the layout.
Now, back on the contact record layout, double-click the picture box area, and it will prompt you for a location and file/image to choose.
Good luck, hope this helps...