Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Photo Attachment Links not working

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Photo Attachment Links not working

Hello,

We are currently experiencing an issue where photo shortcuts can't be opened in opportunities. Attachments will open fine, like PDFs but clicking the shortcut to open the photos doesn't do anything. (The photo is in the file path specified though)

I have tested to see if I can re-add the photo shortcut and it works however having to do this for every opportunity would take forever.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Photo Attachment Links not working

Is the file extension the same for the re-saved photos and the ones that don't open?

Copper Contributor

Hi Chip,

Yep, its from the same location too so the file path is the same. The original shortcut doesn't work. Re-adding the photo with a new shortcut works on that re-added one. The original shortcut stays the same and is unclickable.

Regards,

N

Silver Super Contributor

Must be saved somewhere in the SQL tables so I take it you have done a repair / re-index as well.

Copper Contributor

Hi Chip,

We can see what the issue is, although within Act the attachment shows as M:\ the actual path in the shortcut goes to the UNC path. We have recently moved M:\ from one server to another. How do we update all of the shortcuts at once as we have only ever added them as the mapped drive.

The other option would be that when we fully retire the server it has moved from we could create an alias on the new server of the same name but we would rather avoid this.

Regards,

N

Silver Super Contributor

When I get a chance later will  take a look but may not be a doable.

Silver Super Contributor

Did look using a direct SQL connection at all the SQL/ACT7 tables but still did not find it although one suspect attachments table refused to open.

Copper Contributor

Hi Chip,

We fixed the issue using a shortcut replace software found on another thread.

Many thanks,

N

Silver Super Contributor

Good news -

Could you give details of the software that lets you do this as I thought the people who used to make it went out of business. Would like to keep a note so I can help others in the future.

Thanks

Chip